CAULIFLOWER 'TABBOULEH'


I have never tried raw cauliflower. I have made cauliflower 'rice' several times, but used it as fried rice. I have to admit that I wasn't sure if I'd like this 'tabbouleh', and I had a real pleasant surprise. It was just delicious. It made me feel like I was eating a very tasty and healthy salad. I didn't have any pomegranate, so I used the roasted pistachios instead, but added about 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses to the dressing.

INGREDIENTS:

1 large cauliflower
75ml lemon juice, from about 2-3 lemons
7 spring onions, finely chopped
50g parsley, roughly chopped
25g dill, chopped
20g mint, shredded
1 tsp ground allspice
3 Tbsp olive oil
100g pomegranate seeds (about 1/2 pomegranate) OR / AND 100g toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper

METHOD:
Put the cauliflower florets in a food processor, a few at a time, and process until the cauliflower resembles cooked bulgar wheat. It should weigh about 700g.


Place the grated cauliflower in a large bowl along with the lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.


Add the spring onions, herbs, allspice, oil and a generous grind of black pepper. (also added the pomegranate molasses here.)


Gently mix to combine.


Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds (if using) or the toasted pistachios and serve at once.


I served it with Lamb Chermoula and Hummus.


Comments