Today I had an interesting day in regards to my cooking. I had planned to make Nachos, but unfortunately the avocados were still rock hard, and I love to serve them with guacamole, so I decided to make some Buckwheat pancakes with smoked salmon instead, and was looking for a salad to go with them. I found this one and thought it would be perfect, and I really thought I had most of the ingredients. The first step was to make the dressing with yoghurt and harissa, and I knew I had some, but when I checked the due date, it was almost a year too old, so I couldn't use it and I checked if I could make the harissa myself. I found a recipe for Rose harissa that I could make in the Thermomix. Luckily I had ALL ingredients, so I proceeded to make it and it took me about 30 minutes. It turned out delicious! Then, I proceeded to prepare the salad and decided to change it a bit and add some mixed salad leaves and to pickle the onion. I didn't have any hearts of palm, but I had marinated artichokes which are a good substitute, and I also used corn kernels instead of cobbs. The salad was quite substantial, so at the end, I didn't bother with the pancakes and served it with hot smoked salmon (bought) instead!!! I must say, the salad was a hit, especially with the yummy dressing with yoghurt, harissa, lemon juice, salt & pepper. A lovely meal 😍!
Ingredients
2 sweetcorn cobs (or frozen corn kernels)
400g can hearts of palm, drained and cut diagonally into 1cm-thick slices (or marinated artichokes)
300g baby tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, sliced into half moons
½ small packet (about 15g) of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing
3 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp harissa
Juice of ½ fat lime (or lemon)
Maldon sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
400g can hearts of palm, drained and cut diagonally into 1cm-thick slices (or marinated artichokes)
300g baby tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, sliced into half moons
½ small packet (about 15g) of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing
3 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp harissa
Juice of ½ fat lime (or lemon)
Maldon sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
mixed salad leaves (optional)
Method
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cook the corn cobs in a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes, or until soft but not completely tender, then drain. Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and griddle the corn cobs for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred in places. Remove from the heat and transfer to a chopping board.
Hold the sweetcorn cobs vertically and, using a sharp knife, cut down to slice off the kernels, then put them in a mixing bowl. Arrange the hearts of palm, corn kernels, tomato and red onion on a serving platter. Dot with the dressing, then scatter over the coriander and serve.
Serves 4-6
Here served with mixed salad leaves and hot smoked salmon with tartare sauce.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. If you like my recipes, you can subscribe to the blog by email or Pinterest.